Tuscarora High School PTSA supports the students, teachers, staff, and families of Tuscarora High School, in Frederick, MD. We support the Titan community throughout the school year and have traditionally run the following programs:
- Faculty and Staff “Welcome” Breakfast – breakfast provided during the first week faculty and staff return to school after summer break.
- Academic Achievement Recognition – Held twice a year, in the fall for undergraduates and in the spring for seniors.
- Information Nights – examples are New Drivers, Social Media Safety, and Dating Safety, provided for parents and students.
- Academic $500 grant – awarded to a senior in the spring and paid to student’s college account.
- Teacher/Staff $500 grant – awarded to provide teacher or staff member with funds to finance a program or event that benefits the THS community.
The PTSA meets monthly, usually the 3rd Tuesday evening of each month, in the THS Media Center. We welcome anyone from the THS greater community to join us and hope to increase our membership. With more members, we are able to fund and plan more events for the school.
2019/2020 Board and Committee Chairs
- President – Tanya Wagstaff
- Vice President – Jade Vacunez
- Treasurer – Diana Schelero
- Secretary – Rubina Shreiner
- Membership – Diana Schelero
- Fundraising – Emily Shreiner
- Hospitality – Rubina Shreiner
- Student Scholarships – Carol Wolcott
THS PTSA is a member of PTA Council of Frederick County and Maryland PTA. A portion of the price for each membership goes to the Council and to MD PTA. The Council provides us with training and support, and MD PTA governs our unit by ensuring compliance to PTA requirements and state/federal tax filings. We have provided links to their websites for you to explore.